Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar placement tool/ Revit 2015 R2

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
awes
439 Views, 3 Replies

Rebar placement tool/ Revit 2015 R2

I've been testing the new nice features in R2.

There's something that I don't understand when placing a straight bar (European shape A) in plan view into a slab.

Using as placement plan Work Plane, as placement orientation Parallell to Work Plane and as layout Single I can place one bar. Good!

When changing layout to some other option the layout plan of  the bars are placed perpendicular to the workplane  (on top of each other) and not what I'm expecting - on the Work plane with several bars visible. Is the problem related to the definition of main plan for a straight rebar shape? I appreciate all comments!  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jachyme
in reply to: awes

Hello, I would suggest  to use Parallel To Cover as Placement Orientation. Parallel To Work Plane means that Rebar plane is parallel to work plane and when you change a layout it will expand perpendicularly. Please use Rebar with hooks to check that

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 3 of 4
jachyme
in reply to: jachyme

Additionally you can use space bar to rotate inserting Rebar

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 4 of 4
awes
in reply to: jachyme

Thanks, it was the rotating using space bar that made my day.

My suggestion for those who would like to place several rebars horizontally on a horizontal slab:

Rebar/ Select Rebar/ Layout : Maximum spacing/Near or Far Cover Reference and Parallel to Cover/ LMC/ Space bar/ LMC and there you have your rebars. Select Perpendicular to Cover if you want to place rebars in plan in perpendicular direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report