Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar: end projection and scheduling by element

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
stgauss
1078 Views, 1 Reply

Rebar: end projection and scheduling by element

Trying out Revit's rebar functions, I came across three issues that I'm not sure how to solve:

1. When you place rebar in an element, revit extends it to the edges of the element. The longitudinal bars end, obviously, at the end face of the element. However, there's times when you'd like the bars to extend beyond the element face, since at nodes you need to embed the rebar into a receiving element. What I've been able to do is take the handle on the rebar, and simply drag it to extend the rebar beyond the element face. That's ok when you have 4 bars, but when you're up to 8 or 12 bars in an element, it becomes a hassle to go one by one extending them. Is there any parameter you can change to have bars extend a certain amount beyond the element face by default? Or, what would be the best way to extend these 8 or 12 bars in an element?

2. I sometimes have to schedule rebar with the objective of obtaining reinforcement density in an element. That is, the number of kg of reinforcement per cubic meter of concrete in an element. Volume I can schedule easily, rebar weight I can also do using unit wt x rebar volume. The problem is when I have several different elements I want densities on, in the same project. The rebar schedule gives me the whole list of rebar for the entire project. Is there any way to get the rebar schedule to group rebar by the host element, or to show only the rebar for a certain element?

3. What's the best way to take into account splices? I haven't seen anything in Revit that can automatically place them, so far. Is there any function for splicing, or how do you usually get that extra length into the schedules?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SOFiSTiK_RS
in reply to: stgauss

Hi all,

That’s exactly what the Revit application “SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing” does. I’d like to give you some examples regarding the queries above:

1. For this case I recommend to try the “Stretch / Trim” tool. Using this tool, you have to select your single bars… click a desired face …that’s it! Note: Because of the amount of use cases for this tool we are looking forward to your feedback for further improvements.
  2. The creation of bending schedules and cut list for wire meshes is included as well. Furthermore you can number the bar marks per sheet to get separate schedules for each sheet.... but back to your question.. Please sort your reinforcement according the "SOFiSTiK_Hosts_Mark" parameter.. this Parameter shows always the mark of the host in the rebar properties palette. I guess this will solve your requirement.
  3. Answer: In a BIM Model -> you’ve to splice them… therefore I recommend to try the tool “Split Rebars” …this tool works automatically according to a given stock length and a length of splice.

Serveral online presentations in the SOFiSTiK YouTube Channel will give you an overview more in detail. For example the following “Whats new in 2015”:

You can download a 30 days free trial via AUTODESK Exchange Apps. ( https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/de/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3asofistikr... )

Roland Suhr
SOFiSTiK AG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report