Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Software problem" error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
angeles.maritza
4090 Views, 9 Replies

"Software problem" error

Good day,

I got a problem, I am using Revit 2014 with no incovenient until today that a file got damaged for no apparent reason. In the morning the model was used fine, it was closed and later tried to open it but it shows me the error "Software problem"

The file description is:

Not a central, local or linked file. Normal single file.

39 MB size.

Already tried "Audit" tool with no result.

All the backup files (.001.rvt, .002.rvt...) from the last 2 days show the same error message.

I can open a 3 day backup file but obviously it means a 3 days redo work so is no solution.

I have copied the original file, the backup files, rename them and change them location but nothing works.

Other models open fine.

Please I ask for your help and guidance to solve this and recover my model.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: angeles.maritza

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I'll send you my email address in a Private Message (the envelope icon next to your user name towards the top). Could you send the file to me and I'll see if I can open it?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
angeles.maritza
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Response by private message. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
CoreyDaun

"...answer me, these questions three..." - the bridgekeeper from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

1 - Are any other users encountering the same trouble with this file?

2 - Are you having this problem with any other files, currently?

3 - Have you tried installing the SP1 update for Revit 2014?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
angeles.maritza

1 - Are any other users encountering the same trouble with this file?

Yes, I give the file via flashdrive to a workmate and the same error message "Software problem" appeared.

2 - Are you having this problem with any other files, currently?

No other file had presented the problem

3 - Have you tried installing the SP1 update for Revit 2014?

Not yet, I will look for this update

Message 6 of 10
CoreyDaun

Based on your responses to #1 and #2, there is something that has gone awry with the file itself. You may have to open a case with Autodesk Support (assuming you're on subscription).

The only other thing I can immediately think of is: Can you open a new Project and Link the "corrupted" Project into that one without error?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Message 7 of 10
angeles.maritza

Thanks againg, possibly I should get a Support case.

And I did tried to link the bad file into a new project, I also tried to insert it as group and to insert views from such file, but every option returns me the same error.

Message 8 of 10

Hello,

Were you ever able to recover the corrupted file?  I just ran into the same problem with RS14.  Thank You,

Message 9 of 10

I just saw this today in 2014. In my case probably too many users. I just went back through the backups until I found one that worked. Luckily I had set it to 50 backups.

Message 10 of 10
bgpollard

This also happens in Revit 2019. Cloud based project, can be opened by others. Cannot open on one machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report