Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publishing to DWF and NOT buzzsaw

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JohnHolder
896 Views, 7 Replies

publishing to DWF and NOT buzzsaw

I just hope I am just seeing the option, but is there anyway to publish to DWF and not to buzzsaw?

I can <print> to pdf, but I rather use DWF.

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You could grab the Autodesk DWF Writer (Windows system printer driver) and use that with the Print dialog.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 3 of 8

unfortunatly all it does is make 0 kb files.

Personally I think it kind of silly, that I have to download a program to print/publish in dwf when everything else that I have from autocad does it natively.

and the 32-bit program of course does not install since I have a 64 bit machine.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 4 of 8
AJA14
in reply to: JohnHolder

Hi. Just a suggestion. You can simply export to DWF using the export option in the application menu. You will end up with one DWF file for the entire project.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 8
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: AJA14

A much better suggestion than mine. 🙂

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 6 of 8
JohnHolder
in reply to: AJA14

Ok that worked.  Still odd that you cannot publish to dwf.   But a solution!  

Master Yoda.
Message 7 of 8

No no yours was a great suggestion, and It should have worked!    There may be underlining problems to why it didn't.

Master Yoda.
Message 8 of 8

You can publish to buzzsaw with any settings. but without login/password. and press publish. When you'll see window to enter login/password - do not close it. Your *.dwfx file will be there: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\ Copy your *.dwfx to any place and then just close window for login/password

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report