Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Storm for Revit Structure Now Available

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
scott.sheppard
2443 Views, 17 Replies

Project Storm for Revit Structure Now Available

How would you like to perform static analysis using the cloud while you continue to work in Revit Structure? Check on Project Storm:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/revit_storm/

We are eager to hear your feedback. You an reply to this thread or send an email to labs.revit.storm@autodesk.com.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Romanich
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Dear Scott, users from Russia & CIS can not download this module. Sad but true.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 18
scott.sheppard
in reply to: Romanich

Yes hopefully the technology preview will expand to be worldwide in the future.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 18
johk02

Hi,

I tried this new extension and seems very promising - but it doesn't work for us. The reason
being that we have set the material for framing families to be a Type Parameter
and not a Instance Parameter.

I wish this could be looked at or you could have choice before you run the software to
specify if the material is an instance or type parameter.

Johk

Message 5 of 18
scott.sheppard
in reply to: johk02

Thank you for this suggestion. We can consider it as we move forward.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 18
james

Scott,

The Storm Plug-in is very promissing however, I have run a very simple plane frame analysis which carries out an analysis but indicates that there are warnings.

The results are available however these do not seem to be correct and they are only available through the dashboard. When I try to view the results directly in Revit Structure the dialog box indicates there are "No Results Available"

What am I doing wrong?

I have attached the file which I am trying to analyse

Ane help you can provide would be appreciated.

Regards

James Lupton

Message 7 of 18
scott.sheppard
in reply to: james

Unfortunately I do not see the attachment for the team to look at.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 18
narlee

I love this thing's promise.

I'm new to Revit Structure, and not a structural engineer. That being said, I ran a few models (eventually got a couple to run without an error message!:). Although I suspect I still have some parameters screwed up), but notice the following:

1) I'm sure I've got some connection defintions wrong or something, but the cloud report seems to be missing some nodes and so forth. On the other hand, the downloaded results to the Revit file look normal (I have not analyzed the results independently, so no idea if they are legit.

2) Although the cloud report says the beam did not fail, there's no where to see how "successful" the beam was. Are there "unity" figures anywhere?

3) Is the cloud report downloadable or otherwise contained in the Revit file?

4) The "Results" in the Revit file are nice looking, but don't seem to be ready for a report format?...I see I can customize what stresses are shown and can put on sheets. I can re-scale the members, and re-locate the little results bars (as a group), but cannot resize those results-bars.

Thanks for any input or advice

Message 9 of 18
scott.sheppard
in reply to: narlee

About 5 minutes ago I posted an update to the Labs site.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/revit_storm/ 

The latest version of Project Storm for Revit Structure includes the following enhancements:

• Define "Analysis Profile" before conducting analysis:
    Users can now select "Analysis profile" before running structural analysis, and it can be defined as Draft, Normal or Fine. Selecting "Analysis Profile" has a direct impact on the analysis rate and results accuracy on walls and floors.
  • Performance improvements:
    With adjustments to the system infrastructure, performance improvements can be realized.
  • UI is optimized:
    To help guide the analysis process and to give progress integrations throughout, "current steps" indicators have been added to Project Storm to allow for information to be provided at each step of the analysis and results gathering process.

Please give the new version a try.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 18
czesio

Can someone tell me why this project is closed for Poland and other countries? Is the serious reason to do like this?

Message 11 of 18
scott.sheppard
in reply to: czesio

Most technology previews on Autodesk Labs are open to the world. For some technology previews we start small and then get bigger based on the feedback we get. There are a variety of complex factors that are considered when selecting which areas have access to the technology previews. In fact there are even country specific legal and other complex factors that are considered.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 18

Hi Scott

We are attempting to use this in our company, but we are behind a firewall and it does not work. Please could you give me some details to allow this to work. web address & any ports. Thanks

Chris

Message 13 of 18
scott.sheppard
in reply to: czesio

@czesio: Poland requires that we offer the end user license agreement in Polish. Our agreement has not been translated to this language.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 18

@chrismeineck6995: The team tells me that standard ports apply. If you can browse the web, you can use Project Storm. What are the specifics?

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 15 of 18

We get to the stage where it uploads the model then we get the error message "failed to upload analytical model"

what address is it trying to upload to ? We have various scanners which may be preventing it from working. Is there a log file ? Thanks Chris

Message 16 of 18

The technology preview has graduated from Autodesk Labs. Existing users can continue to use the technology preview until April 15.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 17 of 18
dcooper

What happens after April 15? When I start Revit 2012 it says the proejct storm trial has ended and to uninstall it to avoid seeing this message. I have 2013 installed. It has analysis via the cloud built in. Can we not use this in 2011 and 2012 versions?

Message 18 of 18
scott.sheppard
in reply to: dcooper

That is correct. You cannot use it in earlier versions.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report