Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with revit extensions

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
AJA14
922 Views, 9 Replies

Problem with revit extensions

Hi. This is what happened when trying to add reinforcement for columns using the extensions. Any ideas.

extensions.png

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: AJA14

My assumption is that you still work with the original 2013 version of REX. Please try to download  and install its newer version (2013Q3) where this issue should be corrected. The newer version replaced the older one on Subscription site.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
AJA14

Hi Artur. I downloaded the updated extensions but still facing the same problem. I don't have this problem with other projects so I don't think it is only related to the extensions.

This is a 30 floor tower with a central file and 5 locals and about 8 worksets. Do you think that this could be the cause of the problem.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

I can't tell without having a chance to check. Could you try to isolate the column where this happens and save it in a 'new' Revit file. If you still have the same situation attach this file.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
AJA14
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi. Artur. Take a look at the attached file. If you notice that the revit extensions will not work eventhough all I have is one column and a sheet.

However, what's weird is that if I delete sheet from the project browser and then use the extensions, it works.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 6 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

I can't see such problem.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
AJA14

That's really strange. Like I said, when I delete all my sheets, it works fine. Anyways I'll let you know what I find out.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 8 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Please check which version of REX you have installed as shown on the attached picture.

REX_version.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10
AJA14

Hi Artur. I have a different version. See attached image. Although I did install the latest from the autodesk website. Could you please provide a link to the correct version. I would really appreciate that.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 10 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

It is available from the Subscription site (see the attached picture).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report