Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creating Walls

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mgomaa
15666 Views, 9 Replies

Problem in creating Walls

When creating a partition wall, the following messages appeared:

" Highlighted walls overlap. One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Use Cut Geometry to embed one wall within the other."  or

" None of the created elements are visible in 3D View: {3D} View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings."

What`s the problem ?Smiley Indifferent

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mgomaa

Sounds like a simple visibility issue. Likely causes are:

• The Walls Category is turned off.
  • A View FIlter under V/G is turning the Wall off.
  • The current Workset is turned off.
  • View Range: Cut Plane is above the Wall.

See if any of the above is the cause. If not, just reply back.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
5kings

A partition wall is a non-bearing wall. So it won't show up in your default 3D view... or in nother views with it;s discipline on Structural. Change the disipline of the the view, or the structural usage of the wall.

Regards Jordi

Message 4 of 10
mgomaa
in reply to: 5kings

Thanks Jordi , Problem solved Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
chakradhar.gundra

Thanks jordi. Problem solved

Message 6 of 10
hatruonguce
in reply to: 5kings

Can you detailed instructions with pictures? I don't know how. I draw the outside but i can't draw on beam.LoiKhongCopy.VeTuong.png

Message 7 of 10
itsdeerollins

Helio,

I'm get a similar error "Highlighted walls overlap . One of them may be ignored when Revit finds room boundaries. Use Cut Geometry to embed one wall within the other."

I stared with Brick & CMU Cavity Walls. I had to build a room with 4 walls of that type. I later had to remove (trim) one wall which was located on the interior (this is going to be a stairwell) and replace it with a custom wall type.  That all worked out well except when I tried to copy that custom wall onto a new level.  I'm following the Architectural commercial Revit book.  I've tried removing and replacing the wall, changing the wall type and I still get the same error.  

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong??

Thank U

D

Message 8 of 10
a_gisala

I have the same problem creating exterior walls. The level 2 overlaps with level 1 when created.

Message 9 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: a_gisala

Check the height of the walls of level 1.  They may extend all the way up above level 2 already.

Message 10 of 10
a_gisala

thank you for all reply's that helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report