Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot-custom sheet size setting for PDF files in Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rsoni
10235 Views, 4 Replies

Plot-custom sheet size setting for PDF files in Revit

I am trying to set up PDF plot sheets for various sizes. I.e.. Acrobat Distiller 24x36, 30x42, etc… I did input various sheet sizes and saved as independently, but when I reopen the same file and tried to make PDF files selecting one saved plot sheet name under set up it's showing 8.5 x11 sheet under preview. Even selecting 24x36 setup, it's not keeping previously set sheet size under 'postscript custom page size'. Am I missing anything. Is there any different  option to set up and save custom sheet size for plotting?

Appreciated for any direction.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lzaras1
in reply to: rsoni

Outside of RST, what is your default printer set to?

When you first open up the print dialog box, what is your printer set to?  if you change it to Adobe Distiller, and then choose one of your saved plot setups, does it still revert back to 8.5x11?

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 5
rsoni
in reply to: lzaras1

Yes, I set printer to adobe PDF. The problem is it's not saving 'Postscript custom page size'. Every time I have to define

page size even after selection plot setup.

Thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 5
lzaras1
in reply to: rsoni

Hmmm... I'm not sure I follow why you're having to set up "Postscript custom page size."  I have a bunch of sizes already listed for me to choose from.

This is where I set my plot set-ups:

picture: revit_adobe print 1 shows, after I choose my printer as Adobe PDF, I go to <Setup...> in the Settings section.

picture: revit_adobe print 2 shows, I choose my paper size (also choose all my other settings) then do a <Save As...> and name it with my actual dimensional size (so I know that an Arch E1 is my 30x42.)  Once I have it set up, I hit OK here.  it takes me back to my first dialog box.  I now have a <Close> button in place of the <Cancel>.  I save my file and the plot setups are ready for use. 

Maybe you need to set up the custom sizes in the Adobe distiller (outside of Revit) so you have them to choose from once you're in Revit?

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 5 of 5
rsoni
in reply to: lzaras1

Thanks for looking into it and direction.

It appears Postscript custom size is not working in Revit. It was working in autoCAD.

I created custom paper sizes separately in Adobe and then save it to related printer and it's working fine.

Thanks a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report