Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Family Troubles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fallonbrooks
380 Views, 1 Reply

Parametric Family Troubles

Hey everyone!

I am currently trying to create a parametric elevator pit family that meets our standards.  For the most part it looks awesome, functions as needed, etc... BUT.... *Sigh*.  There's always a but.  We need to add a thickened slab in the host floor.  Initially I decided that we would just have the top of the walls in the elevator pit sit a distance below the floor as defined by the set parameter (host slab thickness) and add a slab edge to the pit.  I thnk I'm headed the right direction, but the problem I'm running into is that I can't define the size of the slab edge.  It's infuriating to say the least.

The other problem is that the parametric family I've created doesn't hatch like I want it to in the section cuts.  I told it to use our concrete hatch with the specified color, but all I get is black. 

I've attached a picture of what I need the slab edge to look like, and what I'm getting.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Screen Shot.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rnbhat
in reply to: fallonbrooks

The way you have approached is correct.

1) For the hatch may be you need check what detail level you are using (coarse, medium, fine) it must be set to fine.
2) When you attach a slab edge you can attach it to bottom edge of slab also (you can exactly measure the profile shape from Autocad and draw a new profile.
3) Once slab edge is added make sure that the material used for slab edge and slab is the same and then use join tool to merge the two.

I believe using the steps above you can make it look exactly same as seen in AutoCAD Cross-section.

Also one more thing, you always need not model all minute details like the slot at the junction of slab edge and of the wall. They can be added later while detailing using detail components.  

Hope it helps

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
rnbhat1@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report