Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override concrete cover setting

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
haydenwse
1469 Views, 5 Replies

Override concrete cover setting

I am working on an insulated sandwich concrete wall.  At the ends of the wall the insulation is held back to create solid areas for the increased reinforcement.  The cover settings will not let me place the reinf on the line of the insulation.  Is there any way to override the cover setting?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KDolley
in reply to: haydenwse

You can set the rebar offset for the bottom of the concrete wall: http://autode.sk/nFvQt3 .

There is some more information regarding changing Rebar Cover Settings in our Revit WikiHelp: http://autode.sk/qGXXZ6 .

Hope this helps!

Kevin Dolley

Content Experience Designer

Message 3 of 6
haydenwse

I am attaching a simple Revit model that shows the problem.  In section 2/2 I have a wall with column reinf.  I cannot move the #7 bars so that then do not interfere with the #3 ties.

Any suggestions

Message 4 of 6
KDolley

The wall sweep is not a structural element and will not host rebar. This is why you see the jumping- the rebar is trying to be hosted by the wall when it's close enough.

I recommend using a structural column in place of the sweep to resolve the reinforcement issue.

Kevin Dolley

Message 5 of 6
haydenwse
in reply to: KDolley

This project has lots of these solid edges that all require reinforcement.  Is there any way to make the sweep a structural element that can host rebar?  If not, is there a way to override the cover?

Message 6 of 6
KDolley

Unfortunately you cannot make a wall sweep a structural element.

Wall sweeps also do not have rebar cover. The cover you are seeing is from the adjacent walls and it is that cover the rebar is adjusting to. You could adjust the cover for the walls (i.e. increase the cover offset) so the unhosted rebar doesn't snap to the wall cover. This may cause problems if you try to reinforce the walls elswhere.

Kevin Dolley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report