Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWC file exporter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Scottimus
539 Views, 3 Replies

NWC file exporter

Ok, so I have Navisworks Manage 2014 and Revit Structural 2014 and I can't get the nwc option to show up under the Export menu.  Shows up and works just fine in 2013 but can't get it to show up in 2014.  Any suggestions?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, installing one first then the other and then flipping it and nothing seems to work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
luna.ye
in reply to: Scottimus

Hi Scottimus,

Cause The Exporters need to be installed after your other programs install. The Exporters scan the install machine for target programs and deposit date in them. If you install out of order they may not appear.

Please refer to the following steps:

1. Open the Windows Control Panel
  2. Access your installed programs list (Programs and Features)
  3. Select for the Navisworks Exporter Plug-ins entry, not the Language Pack. (You may have 2 entries 64 bit and 32)
  4. Click "Uninstall/Change"
  5. Click "Add or Remove Features"
  6. Make sure Revit 2014 is checked ON
  7. Restart Revit, open a file and the NWC exported should appear under R > Exports > NWC

If the Exporters do not appear in the Control Panel, you can install them from your original installation Media. They will appear as a separate program to install or be an option available inside the Navisworks install options.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
klaus.stroehl

Depending on how you prefer to work, it might be better to append the Revit file in your NavisWorks Project directly (NW creates a NWC-File in the background anyway). You can define the settings in the options-dialogue under "FileReader" (check this out for detaile info : http://help.autodesk.com/view/NAV/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-6225D16D-0C54-404F-8874-8DCFD7AF739F ). This way your NW-Project updates automatically once the Revit file changes. However, if you want to work on the NWC file on a different machine or send it to someone else, you certainly need to export...

Cheers,

Klaus

Message 4 of 4
Scottimus

Ok, I tried the Add/Remove features on the exporter plug-ins.  It showed they were installed for Revit 2014.  So, I uninstalled the exporters, and reinstalled them and this time it showed up in Revit 2014.  Odd, I had done this several times.

Thanks for the suggestions, they helped me get it working!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report