Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Native Revit Beam Families

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ArthurMacLeod5818
1540 Views, 3 Replies

Native Revit Beam Families

I'm trying to better understand Revit beam families out of the box. The wide flange shapes come with a type catalog listing the properties. I open the beam family to look to see how the shape properties are dimensioned. The family uses profiles and sweeps them. No where in the profile family do I see the profile dimensioned. In the beam I see the flange width and beam depth and the web thickness dimensioned. I do not see how the family controls the flange thickness and k size.

Where are the profile dimensions and the k and Bf dimensions in the beam family hidden?

Arthur

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Nevermind. After a good night's sleep a the profile Types make sense to me.

Message 3 of 4
lanl
in reply to: ArthurMacLeod5818

Hi ArthurMacLeod5818,

I attached the screenshot here to explain this issue in detail, then other users can understand how it works. Thanks.

The beam has nested profile family, right click the nested profile family- -type properties, you can see the parameter t in beam family is mapped to the parameter tf in nested profile family, see 1.JPG.

Open the nested profile family, make the dimension visibile in graphics override/visibility dialog, you will see which dimension the parameter tf is related to, see 2.JPG.

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 4 of 4
aminf1
in reply to: lanl

how can i create a concrete beam with different cross section , for example; a beam with 5 m long and first 3 m is T section and last 2 m with L section
is there a way to make without any error for analysis ???? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report