Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(N) New and (E) Existing Structural Framing Tag designations

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bteskey
2660 Views, 3 Replies

(N) New and (E) Existing Structural Framing Tag designations

Hi,

Is there a way to add a (N) and (E) prefix to the structural framing tag and have them dependent on the phase that the beam was created?  The work around we currently use is to have separate Structural Framing Tags for new and existing beams.  I simply saved the family as (E)structural framing tag.rfa and (N)structural framing tag.rfa and add a (N) or (E) as a prefix within the label.  This works fine but I would like to take the chance of human error out of this.  We work on alot of retro fit projects that require (N) New, (E) existing, (R) replace, (D) Demo beam tag designations.

Thanks,

Brad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: bteskey

up to this point, I've done as you, with two (or more) separate framing tags.  There is definitely room for error with it, though.

I'll turn on all my existing and tag with my "Existing" tag(s).

Then I'll turn on my New Construction, new only and tag with the standard tag.

It would be nice to have a tag that could read more information about phases.

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

In MEP, I add a Shared Parameter "Phase Tag" as an Instance Project Parameter to all applicable Categories. Our Tags pick up this value, of course.

For Existing ("E") and Demolished ("R") elements, I create a Multi-Category Schedule to help ensure the consistency of this value. Each Schedule only includes the "Phase Tag" field and is set to not "Itemize every instance". Then the schedules are filtered by Phase similar to the plans (see below). Then the schedule shows only 1 line, and I can just enter "E"  in the existing schedule (hits all existing, even demo'd) and then "R"  in the demo schedule to force the correct values to all demolished elements.

"E" Schedule - Phase: Existing - Phase Filter: Show All

"R" Schedule - Phase: New Construction - Phase Filter: Show Demo (Custom Phase Filter)

Regarding New and Replaced elements, this technique does not work, as there is no way to differentiate between these in a Schedule.

Just another work-around...  Hope this helps...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CoreyDaun

To add to my previous method, the same can work with new elements as well. I would just add a filter condition that omits existing-to-be-replaced-with-new (we note as "ER") so that those are entered manually, but you can still do the global effect on all new elements without affecting those ones.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report