Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving single reinforcement bars and more

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bjornhgr
1465 Views, 6 Replies

Moving single reinforcement bars and more

Hi, guys.

I'm experimenting with 3D rebar to solve complex details in bridge abutments. Is it possible to move single bars in a group of bars set with "Number with spacing", or will I have to add a single bar that doesn't follow the rest.

Also, how can I set the bending diameter for individual bars or groups of bars. Why is this not an instance parameter? Am I missing something?

Further, can I define different cover for each face of an object?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: bjornhgr

Iam having the same issue... but i also need to tag those elements as a group... im trying to create an assembly so i can tag the entire thing...
Message 3 of 7
jachyme
in reply to: bjornhgr

Hi, unfortunately it is not possible to move a single rebar from a group of them (rebar set). So to have one or few rebars with different spacing than others from the group you have to mode additional single rebar. You can annotate them together using MRA.

Bar bend diameter is a type properties of Rebar Bar Type what means that every rebar instance with the same diameter will have the same bend diameter.

Do you need to assign a different bend diameter for instances build from the same rebar?

It is possible to define a different cover for every face of an object. Go to Reinforcement tab and then select Cover button. In the left upper corner on the option bar you will see 2 icons dedicated to the cover change. One of them is to change the cover manually or you can do that by changing cove value in Properties dialog but it is limited to some faces.

Regards

Ewa Jachym

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jachyme

Very hlelpful jachyme!!!!

I´ve tried that solution but theres a problem for me!!! the MRA doesn´t do a summary of all the rebar... it schedule every bar by single... i´ve seen that its posible to tag all the rebar together, but i can´t.... BTW i am using Revit 2014...

thanks in advance!!!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

This is pretty much my problem...

As you can see iam trying to tag two sets of rebar and a i want the tag to do a summary of all the rebar... 

You also can see that ive check the "Group Matching Tag Heads" Box... Wich i supose should make the tag a summatory of all the rebar...

Cheers!!! 

Message 6 of 7
jachyme
in reply to: Anonymous

When you create a Tag family for MRA olease use Dimension:Count parameter instead of Quantity

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Pretty useful... thanks a lot....

I have another cuestion... is there any way to tag a rebar parallel to the view?

as yo can see in the image i need to tag two sets of rebar but they are parallel t the view... 

Thank you in advance!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report