Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Revit model relative to origin

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JakeDelgado6031
3574 Views, 12 Replies

Moving Revit model relative to origin

Hello,

The architect on a project I am working on moved their Revit model relative to the origin in the middle of the project and I need to move my model to match.  I didn't find a method for doing this when I searched the forum, so I am hoping someone here can tell me how to do it or point me to a discussion where this has been addressed in the past.

Thank you in advance!

Jake

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi Jake,

You can linked the file on Revit Link option origin to origin if the project is in right place. Otherwise you can draw a Reference Line in the project at the corner of a column or core area corner from where you will get a better reference for your work. Otherwise please send me your files. I can help you best of my end.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

India

Kolkata

Message 3 of 13

Jake,

You may want to look into the Shared coordinates funtionality.

It is well documented in the Revit help files.

if you have any specific questions regarding  this funtionality, please post them here.

Joe

Message 4 of 13

Thank you for the replies.  I had the architectural model linked origin to origin, but the architect changed the location of their model's origin and renamed it, so I had to relink it.  When I did that, it no was no aligned with our model.  I looked at shared coordinates with the architect when this problem appeared, but was not able to figure it out at that time.  I will check the Revit help files to see if I can get enough additional information to figure this out on my own.  Thanks again!

Message 5 of 13

Hi,

You can try with reference line for your reference what i have stated you earlier.

Thanks,

Subhradeep Sen

India

Kolkata

Message 6 of 13
JGuptill
in reply to: JakeDelgado6031

Look up 'Project Relocation' in the help search.

Or under Location Panel, click the drop down box that appears under Project location and choose 'Relocate Project'

I apologize if this is way too little too late

Message 7 of 13
bilal255
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Hi,

I hope you are doing well, The problem i am facing and nobody is giving accurate way to solve the issue is that just before placing a column i don't why it disappears i loose rotation option because i can't see the column, Kindly find the attached file and I hope for best possible solution from your side

Thanks

dae20244-39ee-4d87-9324-4d0db65bca00.jpg

Message 8 of 13
ennujozlagam
in reply to: bilal255

@bilal255    hello mate , don't mix up with your issues. are you not satisfied with the suggestion on another thread HERE. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 9 of 13

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 10 of 13
bilal255
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Because that didn't work and that solution isn't acceptable Boss

Message 11 of 13
JGuptill

Hello, have you tried extending your column past the level you need to see it? When I can not see a column it is normally one of these:

1) My view range is not set to properly see the column (which is why I generally try pulling the column past where it needs to end at first)

2) The discipline for the view is incorrect (I.E. the view is set to architectural and I am placing a structural column or vice-versa)

I'm sorry if you've tried both of these and failed.

Cheers

Message 12 of 13
ennujozlagam

@bilal255   Wow, whose talking? Instead, you're going say thank you, you didn't bother to reply to that thread, how we are  going to know if the suggestion is not acceptable to you?. thanks

Message 13 of 13
bilal255
in reply to: JakeDelgado6031

Actually I was busy and couldn't try any of the options !! But Thank you for your time

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report