Revit Structure

Contributor
JakeDelgado6031
Message 1 of 5 (650 Views)

Moving Revit model relative to origin

650 Views, 4 Replies
02-25-2014 07:37 AM

Hello,

The architect on a project I am working on moved their Revit model relative to the origin in the middle of the project and I need to move my model to match.  I didn't find a method for doing this when I searched the forum, so I am hoping someone here can tell me how to do it or point me to a discussion where this has been addressed in the past.

Thank you in advance!

Jake

Distinguished Contributor
subhra_civil
Message 2 of 5 (623 Views)

Re: Moving Revit model relative to origin

02-25-2014 10:35 PM in reply to: JakeDelgado6031

Hi Jake,

You can linked the file on Revit Link option origin to origin if the project is in right place. Otherwise you can draw a Reference Line in the project at the corner of a column or core area corner from where you will get a better reference for your work. Otherwise please send me your files. I can help you best of my end.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

India

Kolkata

Employee
Joe.Charpentier
Message 3 of 5 (597 Views)

02-27-2014 12:41 PM in reply to: JakeDelgado6031

Jake,

You may want to look into the Shared coordinates funtionality.

It is well documented in the Revit help files.

if you have any specific questions regarding  this funtionality, please post them here.

Joe

Contributor
JakeDelgado6031
Message 4 of 5 (592 Views)

02-27-2014 12:46 PM in reply to: subhra_civil

Thank you for the replies.  I had the architectural model linked origin to origin, but the architect changed the location of their model's origin and renamed it, so I had to relink it.  When I did that, it no was no aligned with our model.  I looked at shared coordinates with the architect when this problem appeared, but was not able to figure it out at that time.  I will check the Revit help files to see if I can get enough additional information to figure this out on my own.  Thanks again!

Distinguished Contributor
subhra_civil
Message 5 of 5 (584 Views)

02-27-2014 08:14 PM in reply to: JakeDelgado6031

Hi,

You can try with reference line for your reference what i have stated you earlier.

Thanks,

Subhradeep Sen

India

Kolkata

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!