Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling ribbed slab

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3721 Views, 6 Replies

Modelling ribbed slab

hello

how to model ribbed slab (dalle corp creux) ! in the robot structural we introduce the parameters in the software to create it ! but how about revit structure !

best regards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The two methods I've seen the most to perform this has either been: 1) creating a concrete floor and adding incremental concrete beams that are deeper than the floor slab; 2) creating a deep floor slab with voids that leave an incremental rib. I haven't heard of anyone creating a family to generate a ribbed slab. Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

great problem!!!Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
chrisplyler

If you just want it to LOOK right, create a new profile.rfa for how you want the underside to look, and then set it up as a Structural Deck with zero thickness underneath the Structural concrete layer of a Structural Floor. I made this 1.5" deep rib just to show you what happens.

xtn

Message 5 of 7
geraldr
in reply to: chrisplyler

Does this show in 3d views though?

Message 6 of 7
chrisplyler
in reply to: geraldr

Wow. This is the oldest post of mine that anyone has ever replied to.

The answer is no, it does not show up in 3D views, or for that matter any views other than a section views.

Message 7 of 7
geraldr
in reply to: chrisplyler

I've found a video created by Chad Close. It has two different modelling solutions so that the waffle/ribbed slab will show in sections and 3D views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ye6etopMj0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report