Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microstation to Revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
534 Views, 2 Replies

Microstation to Revit

All,

I was looking for some advice on how to proceed with the following.

I am currently working with a process engineer who works solely on PDMS and have managed to work out the requirements to get our information from REVIT to a format that suits them. i.e. i.dgn files from REVIT via the Bentley i-model plugin & Navisworks .nwc files for clash detection.

Now we are looking at getting their models into REVIT. I have looked into this and was hoping for some guidance on what the best approach is.

The other options I have are:

Receiving a .dgn file and import that into REVIT as a linked cad file. However, I am having issues with this. No 3D elements are appearing and that is with the visibility graphics all turned on. (could this be because the orignal file was an i.dgn file?)

Receiving a .dwg file and importing this as a mass. However, this is going to be a very complex mass and I have read there can be warning & error messages that take a lot of time to sort out.

There are still issues with the import / export of .ifc files. If it where small project I could work around this however, this project it would be too time consuming verifing all members are rotated correctly etc. so I feel this options should be discarded.

If there is a better way that i do not know then please feel free to advise.

Thanks in advance.

D.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jacques
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the exact same problem here. Does anyone know of an answer?

Message 3 of 3
sureshchotrani
in reply to: Anonymous

Rather importing directly in Revit project file, we are importing in Revit RFA family file. This family file is then load & inserted into correct place.

This solves issuses of visibility & also while you give section you would be looking only that region which you have specified/corped:)

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report