Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line up models

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Akunkinga
1123 Views, 2 Replies

line up models

The Engineer did his structural design in Fastrack. I (cad technician) then imported it into a new structural project.
Now I have been given a model from the Architect.
My model is nowhere near the Architects and also at a different angle. the Architects coordinates are to be followed.
How do I get my model to line up correctly with the Architects
Do I link in the Architects model my one and then what??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gregamhale
in reply to: Akunkinga

While it is best to start with the architectural model and link it into a new structural template before starting your work, you have another option.  After linking the architectural model in, you can move it to your structural model in elevation , location and rotation.  Then acquire the coordinates from the architectural model.  Do this by selecting the architectural model within Revit, go to its propeerties, and click on the button for "Shared Site."  You can then acquire coordinates from the architectural model.  See attached image.

When the architect links the structural model into their file, they are to link it in "Auto - by shared coordinates." See attached image.

Message 3 of 3

A little more explanation of setting up shared coordinates: Insert Arch model Origin to Origin, Acquire Coordinates, then Re-insert arch model using Shared Coordinates. You may need to also use Re-locate Project tool. Note, that if you choose this route, you will need to convince the Architect to also use Shared Coordinates otherwise your model will not come in at the right spot. It is, however, easier for the Arch as they just need to re-insert your model using shared coordinates the first time. Also note that doing this will require all parties to redo any custom settings in view templates or views, which is time consuming. If the Arch is really really unwilling to go to shared coordinates, it is possible to physically move your model, but this is a last resort, after all this situation is EXACTLY what the shared coordinates and related tools are for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report