Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

level difference on top of a slab

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
591 Views, 4 Replies

level difference on top of a slab

Good Morning , Evening

Please indicate how to do something like the png attached.

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: Anonymous

Use a void to cut the slab?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Void Cut would work, i prefer to make a hole in the thick slab then drop a thinner slab in.
Message 4 of 5
Joe.Charpentier

There are many ways to accomplish this, as the posts above indicate.

You can aslo use the Slab Shape Edit tools to create a dpression in the slab- the sides will not be perfectly vertical, but you can get it so close nobody will notice- until you try to dimension from edge to edge.

Other than that option, to do this in Revit requries more than one piece of geometry.  (Slab+Void or 2 Slabs)

Joe

Message 5 of 5
SteveKStafford

1. Family Component - Void (my preference)
  2. In-Place Family - Floor category - Create a void - use Cut Geometry to alter the floor (not my preference at all, but possible)
  3. Use Vertical Opening to Create a hole - Place a thinner floor in the hole - Adj. elevation and use Join Geometry
  4. Create opening in floor in sketch mode - Place a thinner floor in the hole - Adj. elevation and use Join Geometry (similar to #2 just not using Opening)

Shape Editing won't give you a uniform edge like in the image.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report