Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Bay's

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MIKEFETTKETHER4651
661 Views, 6 Replies

Label Bay's

I'm laying out this huge factory facility in Revit.  Inbetween each column line the bay's are labeled in the factory.  Does anyone know of a good way to label the bay's in Revit? 

Revit Structure 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I would think regular Text would be the easiest way to label the bays.

If the does not work for you, please reply with more information about what you are trying to do so that we can provide a better answer.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 7

I'm looking for something that when I'm zoomed into a specific area I can tell which Bay I'm currently in without referencing the column grid or zooming out to the full plan view.  The only think I could think of would be to place rooms for each bay.  With rooms I should be able to find in view from a schedule.  Can anyone else think of a better idea?

Message 4 of 7
5kings
in reply to: MIKEFETTKETHER4651

Maybe a transparant detail item which van be tagged ? Or a genereic model without 3d data, only with some lines for example. This one can be r4ead in schedules.

Just some ideas.

Regards, Jordi

Message 5 of 7

Room Elements would be a good option, as they flow to fill the area, and can be tagged and scheduled. However, they'd all have the same fill pattern, so it may be hard to differentiate visually. A detail element may work, but depending on how many different bays you have, you may end up with a large number of them.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 7

I would love to try the Room's options, but I only have Revit Structure.  It does not look like I have the option to create rooms unless you have the Architectural version.  So I will probably have to do something else like the option you suggested. 

Mike

Message 7 of 7

As room elements, the detail elements are probably your best bet.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report