Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining of 2 Slabs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
djn
1946 Views, 3 Replies

Joining of 2 Slabs

I have 2 slabs that are the same elevation, but different thicknesses. When I join (union) them together the I don't get a dashed line showing where the thicker slab begins. Is there a setting for displaying this line?

I have also noticed the same thing happening when you have a concrete beam framing into to the side of a larger concrete beam, you don't get the dashed line showing the larger beam.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: djn

In plan draw a line and change it to hidden.

wrote in message news:5262558@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have 2 slabs that are the same elevation, but different thicknesses. When
I join (union) them together the I don't get a dashed line showing where
the thicker slab begins. Is there a setting for displaying this line?

I have also noticed the same thing happening when you have a concrete beam
framing into to the side of a larger concrete beam, you don't get the dashed
line showing the larger beam.
Message 3 of 4
allanyz

Is this really the only way to do it? It is double handling - what if you edit the slab later on and forget to move the hidden line.

I did a job where i modelled the entire overall slab in the thinnest thickness. I then modelled the thicker slabs and joined them to the thin slab. Thus the hidden lines showed correctly

But this method my stuff up BIM (building information modelling) I don't know how the doubling up of slabs would effect and data extraction
Message 4 of 4
Joe.Charpentier

This is a known issue with Revit.

Unfortunately, the method described is the best workaround. You can use constraints to lock your detail line to model geometry.

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report