Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to unhide everything?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
stgauss
51167 Views, 10 Replies

Is there a way to unhide everything?

Playing around with hide/unhide on a plan view, I managed to hide everything except a series of foundation plates, even hid the grid lines. My model has foundation plates, slabs, some columns, etc.

So, now I want to unhide everthing I've hidden. When I bring up reveal hidden elements and drag the selection box, only some elements are selected. Seems that if I want to unhide everything I have to go element by element selecting and unhiding.

Is there some "unhide all" or "reset" command for hidden elements? Or somewhere that I can tell Revit to simply dump my hide/isolate settings for that view and go back to showing everything?

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
stgauss
in reply to: stgauss

Here's a piece of my model, showing the problem I have. If you check plan view 0+000, and reveal the hidden elements, you'll notice there's several foundation plates hidden. However, when I try to drag a window (either a select or a crossing window) on the reveal hidden elements view, the foundation plates don't get selected. The only way I can get them to show is if I go, one by one, clicking and unhiding them. 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 11
CoreyDaun

Activate 'Reveal Hidden Elements' in your structural Plan. Then open a 3D View and select the plate elements (or everything and then use the Selection Filter). Switch back to your Structural Plan via CTRL+TAB (your selection will be preserved) and "Unhide Elements" should be available.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have a similar situation.  I have hidden a bunch of elements in a linked architectural model (some walls, some windows, etc.) for clarity in a 3D view. Now I would like to turn them all back on.  Is there a way to select all hidden items from a linked model and turn them on quicker than having to go into Reveal Hidden Elements and tab selecting each one and unhiding?

Message 5 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you'd be best off creating a new 3D View in lieu of trying to correct the existing one. Right-click on the old 3D View in the Project Browser and create a new View Template from that View, and then apply it to the new. Then in the new View, under the ViewCube options, select Orient to View  3D Views  and select the old View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 11
michaellai2115666

-go to reveal the hidden elements, showing all the hide staffs

-drag a selection box from topleft to btm right, select all the hidden staffs (no matter hidden or unhidden)

-over any one of hidden item, right click,-> unhide in view / Element

-done. all show.

Message 7 of 11

I get what you're saying. You can't just click and drag, then RIGHT-CLICK, Unhide Elements.

The best solution is what was said above. Save Orientation and Lock View. Save a view template for the view as well, if you've made custom changes to the view. Make a new 3D view, then right-click the ViewCube>Orient to View>3D>Select the View you made>Apply Template you saved.

But Revit desperately needs an "Unhide All in View" button, like Navisworks.

Message 8 of 11

It doesn't work with all elements, is revealing only one element.

Message 9 of 11

Hi, @cezar.cretuSW7PW , I'm not sure if you've already found a solution for your problem. Have you checked to see if the other elements that still hidden aren't categories that are turned of on the visibility/graphics override window?

About your first question, in my opinion, if you are working on a medium/large project, with linked files and many elements and categories, the best way to unhide all elements is the "new view" approach. The new view creation and the view template saved from your hidden elements view procedure is great for complex projects and works for all hidden "elements" back in the original view. The benefits here are that you don't have to see a lot of elements that you want to keep hidden, like the ones which you've deliberated turned their visibility off, including linked files, and saves you time from commanding Revit to create you this "show all" view. Using the "orient to view" procedure you have another great advantage, as I see it, and is that when you orient your new view to your old one, Revit even copies the section box of your old view if it's turned on. However, if you've used the hide command for any "categories" you'd then have to turn their visibility back on using the visibility/graphics override window.

On the other hand If your model is simpler the Reveal Hidden Elements procedure won't produce the issue you've mentioned of creating a very polluted view and also take much CPU/GPU processing time. 

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 11
onuresen50

I found this app recently, it saves time.

You can check it if you already haven't tried.

"Unhide Elements in View"

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=5479557907912375808&appLang=en&os=Win64

Message 11 of 11
michaellai2115666

Hi stgauss, 

Not sure if you're still struggling this issue as your MSG happened in 2014.

I checked your "selection problem" REVIT file. Your problem was not "hidden element" issue, it was a Visibility-template problem. All your hidden elements are under Analytical Model Categories.

Go to VG / Analytical Model Categories / tick Show model Categories in this view

Done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report