Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulation fill pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
david.sundstrom
7871 Views, 3 Replies

Insulation fill pattern

I want to create a floor with for example 2 layers, concrete + insulation. I am wondering how I can build my floor so that I can create section views throught the floor with different scales that shows the insulation cut pattern correctly without being forced to draw the insulation for every section view individually.

As it is now I have my floor and I can change the cut pattern in the material editor where I also can change the line spacing for the fill patterns, but the problem is, when I have two section views with different scales through the same floor the fill pattern doesn´t appear as I want.

Hope anyone can udnerstand what I mean.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: david.sundstrom

Hi,

There are two types of patterns in Revit, model patterns and drafting patterns.
Model patterns remain intact if you change the scale. Meaning that if you're using a spacing of 200mm, it remains 200mm regardless of the scale.
Drafting patterns however change with scale, so they become dense at small scales and vice-versa.

Not sure if this solves your problem, but hope it helps.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
david.sundstrom
in reply to: AJA14

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

Im not that familiar to the model pattern and how it works, but now  I´ve tried to apply a model pattern to the surface pattern in the material editor. but the pattern doesn´t show in any view?

And is it possible to apply a model pattern to the cut pattern option in the material editor?

Basically my problem is that I want to be able to model a floor and then be able to make section views(with different scales) through that floor and I want the insulation to show automatically as I draw the floor, not as now when I draw the insulation as a 2-D object in every section view.

Regards
David

Message 4 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: david.sundstrom

Hi,

You can apply model patterns to surface and cut patterns. You can only apply drafting patterns to cut patterns. So if you want to create a cut pattern, you must create one for every different scale to get the same result. You can create custom patterns by importing .pat files. Just download one or create one and do the following:
1- in the pattern dialog, select drafting pattern
2- New pattern
3- Custom pattern
4- Import
5- Choose the import scale and units.
Repeat with a duplicate and use different scale.

Another option is to use the batt insulation detail located in the annotate ribbon in your sections.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report