Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed RISA link, now Revit won't launch

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CraigGorsuch
1125 Views, 4 Replies

Installed RISA link, now Revit won't launch

RISA link installer "RISAlink2011_900.exe"  (RISA 3D 8.1 and RISA Floor 4.1)

Revit Structural 2011, XP SP3,

I've deleted the UI dat file - Revit still doesn't launch

I repaired the installation - Revit still doesn't launch

I reinstalled (via Control Panel) - now AutoCAD Structural Detailing wouldn't start

Uninstalled and Reinstalled AutoCAD Structural Detailing

Uninstalled and Reinstalled Revit Structural - Revit still doesn't launch

Heard that a "solution" is to recreate the User Profile.  Hoping not to.

Anyone else ran into this?  What solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
WinstonY
in reply to: CraigGorsuch

Hi Craig,

I was surfing forums and I found this post of yours. I believe we talked about this problem and you discovered that there was a problem with your Revit installation. I thought I'd share the link to where you obtained a remedy for this problem just in case anyone else encouters a situation similar to yours.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15145616&linkID=9243099&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Have a great day!

Winston Yaw

RISA Technologies

Message 3 of 5
RevitGarage
in reply to: WinstonY

Craig, did you figure out what was causing this?  I'm tying to troubleshoot a computer right now and have tried all the usual fixes to get Revit up and running but still no luck.

Message 4 of 5
CraigGorsuch
in reply to: RevitGarage

I found a solution…  I deleted WSCommCntrData.XML, and upon restarting Revit Structural 2011, the XML was recreated and the program launched fine.

Correlation is not causation, but perhaps the issues (corruption of the XML and the installation of RISA) just happened to coincide.

Message 5 of 5
doug.mahoney
in reply to: CraigGorsuch

One of my people had Revit Structure 2011 crash on him, can't say for sure what he was doing at the time. Anyway, the program would no longer open. I installed, and even cleaned the registry prior to reinstalling, with no luck. I came upon this discussion while searching for a solution, problem solved. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report