Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoherent mesh on edges, No material and Kinematics failures..

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
312 Views, 1 Reply

Incoherent mesh on edges, No material and Kinematics failures..

Hi!

I've got several problems, modeling a structure. After inserting all elements, and doing a correct meshing, suddenly a lot of panels have no material, and I cant change it. The only way I could surpass this problem, was generate a computional model, but to be honest I dont know if thats correct..

But now, I have another problem, when doing the calculation, it gives me an error of kinematics. Again, I could surpass this problem, turning off the Kinematics on Job Preferences, and turning on the Iterative.. But now I  have a incoherent mesh on edges, and cant progress..

Any help please?

My file goes as an attachment

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: 2090217

Your model seems to have a lot of pannels connected to each other.

Sometimes Robot do not know how to link the nodes from one pannel to the adjacent pannel, so Robot shows the edge meshing error.

I had the same problem I solved using the function 'edition'-'correction', I corrected all the structure. This function will detect nodes that are too close to another and merge them, meshing properly all edges.

When this operation is done on your project, the meshing and analysis will run correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report