Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set halftone elements to plot behind blackline elements?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
13163 Views, 3 Replies

How to set halftone elements to plot behind blackline elements?

For Revit Structure 2012.  I have asked coworkers and searched the discussion groups and cannot see a solution.  A DWG file is linked to the Revit model with black+white setting.  In the "VG" dialog, the DWG layers are expanded but selecting halftone for individual layers is not allowed (the column is grayed out), so the layer color is set to RGB 192-192-192 to mimic halftone.  Other layers, however, are unchanged so they can print black.  When printing, the "black elements" are partially obscured by the "gray elements."  There is no print order setting to "move" the gray elements behind the black elements.  How can halftone elements be set to a lower printing priority than black elements?  In MicroStation V8i, there are priority settings for reference files and for elements.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Select the DWG, then change the Draw Layer in the Properties to Background.

DrawLayer.jpg

Regards,

Edwin Guerra

http://www.bimblog.ca/

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The background/foreground setting is all-or-none and would not be helpful since some layers in the imported DWG need to be printed in half-tone and others in black.  The "VG" dialog does not allow individual layers to be set as half-tone.  As a work-around, importing the DWG twice probably can be done with one instance being the half-tone version and the other instance being the black version once the layer displays are checked/unchecked as needed.  We are trying to "package" outside non-Revit consultants' DWGs into our Revit models to help with printing.

Sincerely yours,

Wilbur C. Bragg, II, PE, CDT

Rosser International, Inc.

Atlanta, GA

www.rosser.com

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

"Draw layer" is not in my properties box.... what am i missing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report