Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save Revit 2013 to Revit 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chrom54
14035 Views, 5 Replies

How to save Revit 2013 to Revit 2012

Hello every one and thank you in advents

Question: Is any way in Revit 2013 to save Project to early version of Revit (say 2012)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lzaras1
in reply to: Chrom54

No.  No version of Revit is backwards compatible.

I have read, though I have not tried, that you might be able to export the model to another format, and then re-import into a previous version.  However, it's a messy process and errors are likely.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 6
Chrom54
in reply to: lzaras1

Thank you very much. I think that this is a big mistake in Revit Programming because we are not alone and we have to work concurrently with our team of architects and consultants even though they are using an earlier version. This incompatible feature would discourage sales to companies that have to work as part of a team with other companies. Thank you again for your time. Roman Suholutsky CADD Administrator ROSENWASSER / GROSSMAN CONSULTING ENGINEERS, P.C. (212)564-2424
Message 4 of 6
burdurky

It makes me want to start using another program.

Autodesk is obviously restricting/punishing users because it suits the Autodesks "business model" more and might forse upgrades. It does not forse upgrades, it makes whole projects say on early versions.

I think it is wrong, opportunistic and greedy and it will do more damage to the business model than create benefit for Autodesk. 

And before anyone starts with the functionality issues of backwards compatability......look at every other program in the world that does it with a simple warning during the process.(including Navisworks and 3DS Max)

Message 5 of 6
5kings

Check this:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15649365&linkID=9243099

It's not the real deal, but you're able tu re-use some data.

Regards, Jordi

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 6
rwarwn.kraj

how to import revit architecture 2013 to revit architecture 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report