Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to miter 2 angles together

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
AnmarieJames8335
8059 Views, 2 Replies

how to miter 2 angles together

Hi all,

I'm very new to Revit Structure and am stuck something I hope is very simple.  I have 6x6 angles on top of a square 8" CMU wall structure...these angles are the boundary for the floor deck and concrete topping above. The question is, how do I manage the corners where these angles come together?  I found the beam/column join tool, but it seems only to allow for 1 angle or the other to occupy the corner, not both. Can these be mitered together? Or if 1 angle goes clear to the corner, can the other one be cut to fit?

thanks~

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The beam join tool will also miter the joint.  I have found that this tool does not always work the way you want it to.  If the end joins are not just right it will not miter.  In these cases, you can put a reference plane on the miter line and cut the beam ends to the reference plane.

Message 3 of 3

thank you! My angles must not be joining perfectly because the beam join tool isn't working no matter what I do. But the workaround is working and that will suffice.

AJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report