Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the host element?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
10003 Views, 4 Replies

How to identify the host element?

How to identify the host for a hosted element?

For example, I have a framing tag which I moved from its original position and now I want to check which framing elements this tag is associated with.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

For these rogue Tags, enable the leader momentarily, and it will be pointing to it's host.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks CADastrophe, this is a great solution for this particular case.

However, this was only an example. Another scenario: floor hosted generic models, similarly I would like to ckeck where they are hosted.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

For other elements, though, this is kind of obnoxious. Face-Based families will report their Host's Type under Properties, but that's it. I couldn't find a good way to identify a Floor or Wall-Hosted element's host. But if you delete the host, the dependent elements will also be deleted, so you can delete a floor and if the element in question vanished, you've identified the host. This not a good solution, so I hope someone else has a better method.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
cuen.saul

Sorry for the 4 years late reply but for other users with that doubt nowadays.

What I use to do is to select the element whose host I want to know, select Edit Work Plane and the actual work plane colors up.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report