Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I use the lintels (lintols?) provided in REVIT 2015?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ocallas
2631 Views, 2 Replies

How to I use the lintels (lintols?) provided in REVIT 2015?

Howdy all,

I've been getting myself acquainted with REVIT (2015) over the last few weeks and I'm trying to get my head around using it, rather than AutoCad, to do detailing.

Within the latest version there is a family at this directory address : Libraries/UK/Detail Items/F/F30/Lintols/Open back steel lintol

However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to place one (I'm trying to place it above a window as you might expect).

Everytime I try to load the component, I get told that I cannot load it because it is not a family file of the catagory component, and I can't figure out what it *is* a catagory component of so that I can import it to the model.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Seán

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
okapawal
in reply to: ocallas

This is a detail item.

"Detail components are line-based 2D elements that you can add to detail views or drafting views. They are visible only in those views. They scale with the model, rather than the sheet.

Detail components are not associated with the model elements that are part of the building model. Instead, they provide construction details or other information in a specific view."

Waldemar Okapa

Sr Product Owner
Message 3 of 3
BIMologist_
in reply to: ocallas

I would also review the docs/vid here since you are trying to learn

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2011/autodesk-revit-architecture/de...

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report