Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Hexagonal Wide Flange frame with bolted connections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PAULRYMAL7709
693 Views, 2 Replies

How to create Hexagonal Wide Flange frame with bolted connections

Hi! I am using Revit 2014 Building Suite Ultimate, I am trying to help a client create a simple structural steel W16X Beams that will be bolted into sections with "Shear Plates" to complete the circle. I have tried linking to Autocad Structural Detailing which would be my preffered method but it does not like this Hexagonal configuration & will not create a bolted connection for it. I do have inventor & am able to easily create this mitered beam c/w bolt holes & save as *.adsk file & this imported fine. Do you think using Inventor is the way to go with this or is there a way to do this in Revit! I have tried everything possible with both Revit & Autocad Structural Detailing but its a no go. I will attach a pdf of the frame I am trying to build & if anyone has any suggestions for a workaround that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
awes
in reply to: PAULRYMAL7709

Can you please explain what you're not able to do. Is it the shear plate & bolts?

Message 3 of 3
PAULRYMAL7709
in reply to: awes

Yes! Exactly!

RYMAL DRAFTING INC.

EDMONTON, ALBERTA

(780)634-5303

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report