Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to align beam intersections.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Shawn
623 Views, 1 Reply

How-to align beam intersections.

If I want to run a beam, w-section or other type, between two other beams and the beams I am connecting to are sloped.... how best to set the new connecting beams start and end level offset? Or in other words, how to I get the new beam to align with beams I am connecting to?

I have done this so far by trial and error - making small adjustments untill it looks correct - but if you are making shop drawings for a fabricator and need dimesions or other precise information, this is not a very good method. Isn't there some way to have the beam set it's own vertical elevation for whatever horizontal alignment I need?

Thank you.

Shawn

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AJA14
in reply to: Shawn

Hi. There are actually 2 ways you can do that. The first way is using 3d snapping to draw beams from columns to columns or walls and get your alignment correctly. then you can simply draw beams to snap to these beams at the correct locations.

The other way would be by using reference planes and draw your beams on the reference planes. Both methods works but the behaviour is different if you intend to make modifications to the slabs using modify subelements and the alignment of crossing beams also behave differently so you need to try them out to see.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report