Revit Structure

stephen.whelan
Message 1 of 3 (1,005 Views)

How do you delete Revit system families

1005 Views, 2 Replies
07-02-2009 07:52 AM
I accidently created a viewport title and now I want to delete this. I have had the same problem with Sections etc.

Can anyone tell me how to delete a system family from an .rvt file?

Thanks,

Stephen
Active Contributor
jjenkins
Message 2 of 3 (1,005 Views)

Re: How do you delete Revit system families

07-06-2009 01:10 PM in reply to: stephen.whelan
Maybe this will work:

Some things like these have to be removed via Purge Unused. If it is used anywhere in your project you will not be able to purge it. Also, Revit needs some of them as prototypes from which others are designed. If you run into the situation where it is not used anywhere in your project and it still cannot be removed, try re-defining it as a viewport title you do want to use in your project, assign this to the viewports you are using in your project, then try purging the other viewport title you no longer need.
Contributor
daniel.gijsbers
Message 3 of 3 (1,005 Views)

Re: How do you delete Revit system families

07-08-2009 07:52 AM in reply to: stephen.whelan
yes the purge will work but don't use the purge all button as you would in Autocad.

Also system families can be delete under the family tree. For example go to walls en there you will see the walls in the project. Right click on the wall you want to delete and see which options you get.

You can't delete families which are being used.
Announcements
Autodesk Alert | We are currently working on restoring Previous Version License request access in the Autodesk Subscription Center. If you are a subscription customer and would like to request a Previous Version License, please use this link as a temporary workaround. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.