Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete Revit system families

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stephen_whelan
10016 Views, 2 Replies

How do you delete Revit system families

I accidently created a viewport title and now I want to delete this. I have had the same problem with Sections etc.

Can anyone tell me how to delete a system family from an .rvt file?

Thanks,

Stephen
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jjenkins
in reply to: stephen_whelan

Maybe this will work:

Some things like these have to be removed via Purge Unused. If it is used anywhere in your project you will not be able to purge it. Also, Revit needs some of them as prototypes from which others are designed. If you run into the situation where it is not used anywhere in your project and it still cannot be removed, try re-defining it as a viewport title you do want to use in your project, assign this to the viewports you are using in your project, then try purging the other viewport title you no longer need.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: stephen_whelan

yes the purge will work but don't use the purge all button as you would in Autocad.

Also system families can be delete under the family tree. For example go to walls en there you will see the walls in the project. Right click on the wall you want to delete and see which options you get.

You can't delete families which are being used.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report