Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I insert a revit link on a slanted surface or refplane?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ro78
268 Views, 1 Reply

How can I insert a revit link on a slanted surface or refplane?

I have two projects: 1 = Main project and 2 = subproject.

The subproject is a precast beam which will be linked in de Main project. My problem is that the beam is horizontal in the subproject and slanted (angled) in the Main project.

How can I insert a revit link (sub project) on a slanted surface or refplane in my main project? Is that possible?

(I hope to find a better solution than rotating the beam an views in my subproject)

Thanks

Revit Structure 2013 user
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: ro78

I am afraid this is not possible.

I assume you want to acheive to work in the flat/projected surface in the subproject and put all off that in the main project on a slanted ref plane.

Only thing I can think of is that you can use "Viewer" option when you set your workplane on the slanted workplane in Revit model.

Workflow (using your submodel or main model):

1. Draw slanted workplane for your beams.
  2. Give it a name.
  3. Go to one of the Plan views.
  4. use "Set Workplane" tool to set active workplane to your named workplane
  5. Optional: Use "Viewer" tool (green icon) to open special viewer which can "look" perpendiculary to the active workplane:
  6. Draw your beams.

Drawing it "horizontally" in one model, than slanting that model in the other is not BIM, it's "cheating".

Hope it helps!

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report