Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Roof Please

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nbuitr2
286 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Roof Please

So I'm a complete newbie at Revit Structure and I need help with one of the designs that we're supposed to do,

FESP Mini Projects-page-002.jpg

FESP Mini Projects-page-003.jpg

So I did the whole floor plan putting in the walls, the grid, the correct dimensions, and the columns but now I don't know how to do the extruded warehouse roof. Its telling me to use open web joist purlins/gurders and that it has to be a metal roof deck but when I tried to do that it just ended up a big mess of slanted v's all over the place. Any help would be immensely appreciated I honestly don't know how to do this,

Thanks In Advance,

Nik

ps. This is the revit design I have so far

Basic Grid with walls and one line of columns.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DParkRMAK
in reply to: nbuitr2

Can you describe how you created the roof structure and elaborate on what you mean by "a big mess of slanted v's all over the place"

Are you using beam systems or placing individual joists?

There are a few different ways of doing this type of roof. I will be happy to write up a step by step procedure for this later on but I don't have time right now.

Message 3 of 3
gguevarra
in reply to: nbuitr2

I would model the sloped roof diaphragm next. Not sure how exact the open web joists need to be, but RedBuilt offers open web joist 3D families free for download and use. My one issue with the family is that you cannot adjust the spacing of the diagonal web members, so depending on the length of the joist, they could end up being pretty vertical. But, the depth is adjustable and they even have options for a tapered top chord. With those in the model, you should be able to attach the top of your columns to the top chords to make them look like top chord bearing joists. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report