Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help w/ line in a section

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
goodjp
332 Views, 3 Replies

Help w/ line in a section

I have a section through a slab sitting on a concrete foundation wall. I thickened the slab edge so it haunches down on top of the foundation wall. The problem that I am having is the slab line on the bottom still continues straight through the thickened end. I have joined them both together. It shows up how I want it when the detail level is set to course, but once I swith that to fine it shows up with thr line going throught. I want my sectio to print out fine, cause the rebar shows w/ thickness to it, so does anyone have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lzaras1
in reply to: goodjp

have you checked to make sure that the Concrete in your slab and the Concrete in your Thickened Slab are the same type? 

For instance, you may have your slab as "Concrete-Cast-in-Place Lightweight Concrete - 4 ksi"  but the concrete in your Thickened Slab as "Concrete - Cast-in-Place Concrete."  If they are different types, they will not join properly.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 4
goodjp

Yes, I figured it out and just made a new profile. Here is another question for you. Say I have a concrete slab on grade the butts up to the foundation walls, except @ doorways where the top of foundation wall is depressed so the conc. Slab can be haunches on top of it (like a thickened edge). When I go to thicken that edge, the entire slab gets a thickened edge and all I want is it to thickened/ haunch at the doorways. Any suggestions

Message 4 of 4
lzaras1

in plan, highlight your thickened slab.  at the ends you'll find "grips" that you can pull back to the edges of your door openings. 

in RST2011, once you highlight your edge of slab, you get a new "Modify Slab Edges" tab where you can Add/Remove Segments, too!

HTH.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report