Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gris Scope

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dan.fisher
440 Views, 2 Replies

Gris Scope

I need to produce both Demo and New Construction plan views of the same building area.  The existing building has grid lines that need to show on the Demo plan.  The New Construction plan should include most of the existing grids along with some new column location grids.  How can I get certain grids to appear on the Demo plan and another set to appear on the New Construction plan.

I have tried view filters but there are not enough and/or statements to filter more than three grid names.  Scope Box for grids does not seem like it was intended for this kind of challenge.

Surely the more experienced out there have come across this problem and have found a  solution.

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lzaras1
in reply to: dan.fisher

For your new construction grids lines, you can rename the current one to "New"

You can also duplicate that grid line type and create a new one called "Existing" and make changes to the way it looks (ie, we use a hexagon bubble instead of a circle for existing; you could set the linestyle to be a tighter or more spread-out centerline or something else entirely; you could change the color, though this will be of no help if you plot in black and white.)  By these type names, the grids are Filter-able (is that even a word?)

Beyond that, you could create specific worksets for Existing Grids and New Construction Grids and turn those on and off in your views as preferred.

If it's just a pick and choose which grids get turned off, well, you can create even another grid type for "Not in New Construction" (or whatever makes sense to you) and filter those off.  Of course there's always the old right click, "Hide (element) in View."

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 3
dan.fisher
in reply to: lzaras1

Thank you for reading beyond my mis-spelled subject line.  Your suggestion  is very simple and works well.  I am learning Revit and am constantly surprised at the robust and surprising ways one can use the product.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report