Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid Circle

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
AJA14
1859 Views, 1 Reply

Grid Circle

Hi. I can't modify the grid bubble. I have created a new bubble head with a larger radius and applied it to the grid level head but nothing changes. Any ideas why this is happening? The grids change with scale but I want the bubble to be large enough so that the text will not interfere with the bubble when exporting to Autocad.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: AJA14

The Grid bubble is a family that you can then apply to the Grid type.

Did you edit the existing family, or create a new one?

If you created a new family, you will need to do one of two things:

-Edit the existing Grid type so  that it uses the new Bubble. (Select a Grid, in the properties palette select "Edit Type".  Then change the "Symbol" to your new Grid Bubble.  Of course, you need to load the bubble into your project first.)

-Create a new Grid type using the bubble and change all existing ones to the new type.

Select a Grid, in the properties palette select "Edit Type".  In the Edit Type Dialog, select "Duplicate".  Apply the new Grid Bubble to the Grid type.

Now select one of the original Grids, Right click>Select all in project.  Then using the type selector, change them to the new types.

Joe 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report