Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good tutorials or good place to start learning...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
convolution
331 Views, 6 Replies

Good tutorials or good place to start learning...

I would like to learn how to properly use Revit Structure, but The tutorials that come with the software only seem to really cover really basic stuff.

Are there any good tutorials anybody can reccomend that actuall gives a little discussion about why things are done the way they are done as oppsoed to just being a set if instructiuons telling me where to point and click? Anybody have any good book reccomendations that would help? Obviously formal training would be great, but it's currently slow around here so I thought I could start some self exploration.

I would like to take a 3 story office buidling that I have done in AutoCAD and do it in Revit as a learing excersise, but I am having a litle trouble just getting started.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KSI_Thor
in reply to: convolution

I would say jump in and just do it. I know allot of people would disagree with me, but when I started my first project, I didn't have time for formal training. I used the tutorial, this site and my local users group to get up to speed. I think it is like any software such as AutoCAD or Microstation. There are a million ways to achieve the same result, it's just that some are quicker than others. Learn how to operate and move about the program and you will learn short cuts as you go. My first project was a 14 story office building with 6 levels of parking deck. Only 5 of the floors were typical. The project was a success although I could now do the same project much more efficient.
Message 3 of 7
mwoods

I first went through the tutorial to learn the basics.
Try to attend any free webinars / seminars put on by autodesk or your reseller.
I found the video series put out by cadclips.com very helpful as well. (And no I am in no way affiliated with this site.)

Dive in on a simple sample project.
The first one was tough but the next couple came fairly easy.
Message 4 of 7
marcel.dubois

The tutorials are a great starting point, but they do cover the basics for users that are not familiar with Revit Structure or software in general. Aside from attending a formal training class, you might want to consider purchasing the latest AOTC advanced tutorials from the Autodesk Estore.These tutorials compliment the training class and might give you the more advanced exercises and instructions you need.
Message 5 of 7

I started to learn in the tutorial attach to the package try to understand well the behavior of every element and study every parameter of revit.
practice and discover it by your self
Message 6 of 7
andersene

If you haven't checked out the free Revit Structure webcasts from Autodesk, it's worth doing so. Some are better than others, but if nothing else, it helps to see how someone else goes about setting up his projects:
http://resources.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/Revit-Structure/overview.htm

Revitcity.com is pretty handy, too.
Message 7 of 7
Barryfisher

Hi

I agree with the previous threads, also cadclips.com. I have recently purchased Mastering Revit 2009 from amazon which is really good and it has excercises to work through which are very helpful.

Good Luck

Barry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report