Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor with Slope AND Variable Thickness

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GregKosky4380
566 Views, 1 Reply

Floor with Slope AND Variable Thickness

Does anyone know how to create a floor or structural slab that is both sloped AND has a variable thickness?

I can do either, but not both. Thinking that I may need to create a generic mass.

Edited by: gregkosky4380 on May 28, 2010 3:05 AM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You could do a regular slab change the elevations to get the desired slope, then add a slab edge in the shape of the variable thickness you are looking for.  However I don't know if that's exactly what you are looking for or if you want something like a garage floor that slopes to a center drain and is thinner at the lowest point than at the perimeter.  If that is what you want to do I would maybe just model a component in place and categorize it appropriately.  Alternatively you could use a ramp with the shape set to solid to creat slopes on top of a base slab, thereby creating a sloped top and variable thickness.  Either way it would be a lot easier to just be able to be able to vary the top of slab and bottom of slab elevations seperately.

Lawrence

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report