Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor / modify sub elements - HELP

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JillMarsano5345
2994 Views, 7 Replies

Floor / modify sub elements - HELP

I am trying to make a sloped floor for a showering room. The contours of the floor aren't cast from all the corners of the "L" shaped floor, but Revit automatically triangulates from all points around the perimeter.

Attached is a picture. The highlighted parts are the four corners the floor should slope from and the drain at the center.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gguevarra
in reply to: JillMarsano5345

I'm a little confused as to where you want the slopes to occur from. If you want the slope to extend from the 4 corners you highlighted, you can model the slab as a single element, modify the sub-element and add a point where the drain is to occur and adjust the elevation of that point accordingly. If you want the 4th point of the slope to occur at the bend of the "L" as the plan shows (not the perimeter corner that you've higlighted), you can add a "split line" when you modify the sub-element that matches the boundary of the sloping region as shown in the plan. When you now modify the sub-element and add a point, it will only slope that portion of the slab up to the split line.

Message 3 of 8
JillMarsano5345
in reply to: gguevarra

I have attached a clearer picture of what I want my split lines to appear as. The issue is that the corner circled in red will have a sub-element point that will mess with the floor. I basically want the floor to omit that point from the slope definition.

Many thanks forthe reply.

Message 4 of 8
awes
in reply to: JillMarsano5345

Please adjust your floor shape to rectangular one. Add split lines. Make an opening from bottom right corner to inner corner using a shaft. Otherwise Revit offers same level at wall perimeter.

Message 5 of 8
JillMarsano5345
in reply to: awes

Thanks! You da bomb.

You should look at my other post :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-structure/can-t-section-through-center-of-revolved-mass-please-h...

It is killing me.

Message 6 of 8
jliLGAE2

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I have the same issue and can't find an answer in other posts. Attached is my situation and could you walk me through a little bit how to make the points as I highlighted as the vertices of the slope?

Thank you so much in advance.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 8
awes
in reply to: jliLGAE2

Message 8 of 8
jliLGAE2

Thank you so much!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report