Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File <FileName> could not be imported because of problems in the file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TheCadGuyDavid
1086 Views, 5 Replies

File <FileName> could not be imported because of problems in the file.

Whenever I try to link this drawing into revit, I recieve this error message:

Revit Error-Linking DWG

To clarify the situation:

1. Audit, purge, wblock, proxygraphics=1, exploding entire drawing, OVERKILL, and saving in 2000 dwg format are all things that have been done in AutoCAD.
  2. The dwg was exported from Inventor, and previous to that it was a .sldasm (solid assembly) file.
  3. I performed shrinkwraps on each part in the assembly previous to shrinkwraping the whole assembly again, in Inventor, previous to placing in an AutoCAD format.
  4. Tried taking the drawing into revit, without shrinkwrapping beforehand.

I have tried all sorts of things with this file; some of them I am kind of embarassed about because they involve crying a little and trying superstitions. I still get this infuriating message. I am at my whits-end here, trying for hours to get this drawing to link into Revit. Is there any suggestions that Autodesk and its users have to offer? Any help would be appreciated. I made an account specifically for this problem, as it seems that I am the only one having this particular issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mgray
in reply to: TheCadGuyDavid

You are not the only one. I got the same error today.

Message 3 of 6
mgray
in reply to: mgray

I took the same steps. My story: I have a poorly leveled acad plan drawing from my retailer client with some items in 3d and some not, many out of plane (ie Z not equal to zero) I corrected the 3d problem and moved the drawing to 0,0,0. I've tried: exploding every thing, purge plus overkill (didn't work); wblock what I want to import (didn't work); delete, purge, delete again and audit then purge again (no bueno)

Message 4 of 6
TheCadGuyDavid

There is clearly an interoperability problem here. It is funny that the darn things come as a suite, but don't always play nice together. Hmmm... Does anyone read these things? Maybe I'll just resort to remaking the item in Revit so that we still have the model to refer to... sadly the model keeps changing since we are in a design/build project. AHHHHH!

Message 5 of 6
TheCadGuyDavid

Okay, I don't know why we don't see these in documentation more, but we have AUDITPROJECT, COMPRESSPROJECT,  and PLANTAUDIT commands to consider. I doubt any of these would help with this... I have yet to try it though.

Message 6 of 6
tbaker122
in reply to: TheCadGuyDavid

I have had the same problem all day. has anyone had any luck with figuring this out! very frustrating  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report