Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to CAD (Export layers set by material)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
siuwaicheuk0414
4858 Views, 5 Replies

Export to CAD (Export layers set by material)

When exporting to AutoCAD from Revit, I would like my steel columns to be put on S-STL-COL and S-CON-COL for concrete columns.

Is it possible? And how to do it? Thank a lots 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Yes, under Export>CAD Formats>DWG, in the dialog box, upper right corner, modify the Export Setup.
Message 3 of 6

I know how to export to CAD. But i want to sperate steel and concrete colunm in different layer.

Do you know is possible?!Q1.jpg

Message 4 of 6

Ah sorry, your original post was unclear if you knew that. So by default since a column is a column Revit does not distinguish, but have you looked into the modifiers? I have not time to test, but poking about seems you might be able to do it that way.
Message 5 of 6
arunag
in reply to: conormccartney3897

You are very much right about the Layer modifier,just add the Material modifier for Structural column & you will get the steel & Concrete column in different layer when exported. Layer also named by material.

layer modifier.jpg 

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 6 of 6
s.gamperl
in reply to: arunag

Hi,

I also want to set special Layers for Materials. When I follow your instructions I can set the Materials just for columns, but I also need to set the Layers for Walls, Generic Models, Stairs, Floors ect. But in this categories I can´t finde the opinion to add materials like for colums.

@arunag Can you please help me?

Tank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report