Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export dwg as true color: annotations are all white ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SerhanB
3215 Views, 4 Replies

Export dwg as true color: annotations are all white ?

Hi,

I'm exporting my plans as dwgs.

Layer settings: BYLAYER and overrides BYENTITY.

Color settings: True color (uses the RGB values specified in the "Revit view")

I've configured colors of model objects in visibility/graphics. Annotation objects have their own colors defined in type properties (various tag families, dimensions etc.)

Model objects come up fine however I got my final annotations all in color white (BYLAYER) in the resultant dwg file. What is the best practice to achive wysiwyg from Revit to dwg with true colors. Attached a screenshot describing the issue visually.

Thanks...

Serhan BAKIR
http://www.stand.com.tr/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SerhanB

The annotations don't seem to retain their color under the "True Color" setting; change it back to "Index Color" and see if it exports as intended.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
SerhanB
in reply to: CoreyDaun

If index color is chosen, annotations are again exported as BYLAYER and in the layer table you need to specify a color number corresponding to every relevant layer. However annotation objects already have their colors defined in their own families and types so why can't we export them as they already are?

ps: By the way with object styles we can manipulate/override color of lines (applicable to true color export) but not the text based objects.

Serhan BAKIR
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

I've tested this a little bit with some Dimensions of two different Types defined as different colors. Under "DWG/DXF Export Setup", I went to the "Dimensions" Category and I blanked-out the "Color ID" entry to eliminate the color override. Now when I export using the "Index Color" setting, each Dimension has been assigned the correct color override "ByEntity". However, I was not able to get the same results using the "True Color" setting; it ignored the color and applied a ByLayer color to the exported objects. I hope this helps!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
SerhanB

Well it helped to a certain degree; the result of exporting with index colors and setting all the layer color ids to empty, brought up a semi-similar dwg file to the color scheme of the revit view. With a little tweaking I can live with that. Color mapping between software is important as I work with ctb files to get final print.

I hope exporting options get enhanced in future releases in order to produce similar view results. 

Thanks a lot !

Serhan BAKIR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report