Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETABS and Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KSI_Thor
396 Views, 4 Replies

ETABS and Revit

We primarily use RAM for analysis. Can someone tell me the ups and downs they have had using ETABS with Revit? Has anyone had success in round-tripping between Revit and any analysis program and in what type of project?
Thanks for any info.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: KSI_Thor

I haven't had the chance to use it yet but with the
latest release of Etabs there's a plugin to tranfere
bidirectionally.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
We
primarily use RAM for analysis. Can someone tell me the ups and downs they
have had using ETABS with Revit? Has anyone had success in round-tripping
between Revit and any analysis program and in what type of project? Thanks for
any info.
Message 3 of 5
KSI_Thor

There is one for Ram too.....but I wouldn't call it very sucessful. I was curious if Etabs had better results. I don't want to switch to a new software that is no better than the one we are familiar with. Anyone can make great claims. I was looking for someone who has actually used it on a real project and not a demo project.
Message 4 of 5
GreggKite

Computers and Structures recently released the latest version of their link to Revit Structure; CSIxRevit2009. This version is a significant improvement over previous versions and for the first time, we are able to use a single model for analysis and construction documentation in a bi-directional manner. More information about this link can be found at CSI's website at http://www.csiberkeley. com/Revit/2009/index.html.
Message 5 of 5
KSI_Thor

CSI's website and claims is what started my original post. I am looking for someone who has actually applied it to a real project. I'm interested in hearing the pros and cons. As I stated previously.....anyone can make great claims.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report