Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering value in Formulated Parameter

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
taha5152
462 Views, 1 Reply

Entering value in Formulated Parameter

Hi,

I am currently working on a framing family where I wish to provide the ability to set 2 different value of flange size for an I beam. My question is, is it possible to write a formula into the flange parameter where if they are not symmetrical it allows the user to fill in that formulated parameter itself.

ex

I have one parameter b and the other b1. I would like to set the parameter b1 equation to be equal to b in the even if both the flange are symmetrical but at the sametime if there are not I want to be able to directly key in value for that b1 parameter. Is that possible? I have already set a Yes/No command to varify if its symmetrical but do not wish to add extra parameter again for false if statement 

=if(symmetrical,b,<any possible command that allows us to key in>)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: taha5152

Nope. It is not possible to set a Parameter to be formula driven under certain conditions and to a user-input under others. You will have to have a separate Parameter that is dedicated for user input for the asymmetrical length, and then reference that Parameter with your formula.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report