Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Properties II

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ArthurMacLeod5818
226 Views, 1 Reply

Editing Properties II

I am having the same problem in RS2012 as in RS2011. I avoided the problem in RSS2011 by using the classice RS2009 interface. When I attempt to edit dimensions using the ribbon menu interface in the properties box, I get a ping sound and the new text does not take. If I try to delete the text and then enter new text, the dialog loses active control over the entity. Is anyone else having this problem?

Is this a RS2012 thing? Is this a Windows 7 64-bit Revit thing? Is there a work around?

Arthur

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lzaras1
in reply to: ArthurMacLeod5818

I'm not sure I completely follow your issue. 

However, I have noticed that if I want to change something in the Properties box, I have to make sure that I DO NOT move my cursor away from the line I'm trying to edit.  I don't like it.  I cannot tell you how many times, as the mouse sometimes drifts on it's own, I've had to type and re-type, thinking I was making the change and finding that my mouse/cursor was not where I left it.  I actually prefer to click in the area I'd like to edit and move my cursor away so I can clearly see what I'm typing.  But RST2011 (and I'm guessing now RST2012) still has this same issue.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report