Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw leader/arrow lines with out text attached??

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
93118 Views, 6 Replies

Draw leader/arrow lines with out text attached??

Is it possible to draw a leader/arrow head line to point to and object with text associated?

Thanks

Lee.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please illustrate your question. Your subject and question does not match.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Ok well in autocad you can draw an arrow/leader with out text attached.  Now in RST we find only way to do this is to use a full stop in text box then draw arrow/leader.

So we simply want to be able to drawn an arrow/leader on its own with no text.

Thanks

Lee.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

create a text style, make text size 0.1, choose arrow style desired and put a full stop for the text. At 0.1 height it is all but invisible.
Message 5 of 7
oscar.ceballos

Hi there:

Attached please find the Revit 2016 file with a <Leader only element> you may use.

Nothing more than an empty Generic Annotation Family, the key for this is to create an instance and make sure that the Number of Leaders is at least "1". Modify its properties to select the desired arrow head.

Hope this resolves your question.

Best!LEADER.PNG

Message 6 of 7

Apparently, quietly and without fanfare, Autodesk has finally given us the ability to draw a leader with arrowhead attached to a truly blank piece of text.  I don't see any record of it prior to Revit 2019, but the help now says:

"Leaders can be placed without text in order to create an arrow. . Either place a leader and do not add text, or add a leader to existing text and remove the text note."

We can now celebrate in the streets over this long overdue feature, but the factory was very secretive about having slipped it in when we weren't looking, and made no mention of it in the "What's New" documentation.

Message 7 of 7
adelarueter
in reply to: HSmith8CUHQ

came upon your comment. any idea how to implement this? the only way I know how to make a leader is with text, aside from the blank generic annotation trick. when I try to make a leader without text, I don't see any option to not have text. thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report